Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we’ll be spending it with family and friends, enjoying a day off to hang out, eat, and enjoy the company of those we love. I’d love to hear any of the plans that you have for the holiday, but mostly I hope everyone is able to recognize those things in life we can be thankful for, even in tricky times.
I’m daily thankful for a wonderful family that loves and supports me, and allows me to get out and ride and even gets out there with me from time to time. I’m thankful for good friends and good food, and those moments when they all come together. I’m thankful for our business, and the opportunity it affords me to write about the wackiness of loving bikes and riding them. I’m thankful for my inter-friends too; those who’ve stumbled here somehow and taken the time to read, and come back to see what’s going on here. Generally, I realize I’m a pretty blessed person in every way possible.
On Friday, when many people will be out knocking each other over for discounted Disney movies and waffle irons, I plan to do a few things….in no particular order.
1. Sleep in a little bit – I may get to to do this Thursday as well, but every non-holiday is up and going by 6 am, so I’m looking forward to relaxing at least an extra hour. If nothing else, maybe enjoying a nice cup of coffee in bed with that gorgeous blond lady that lives here.
2. Stop by Breakfast on Bikes – If I get up with enough time to swing by, I’m planning on running down the the Gilbert House to check out the B on B that is right around the corner from my office.
3. Not Hit Any Black Friday Stores – for some reason I’ve never really been a Black Friday shopper, so that’s not all that difficult for me anyway. If you want to join the actual Buy Nothing Day cause, start out at Wikipedia and read more about that.
4. Put Some Miles in on Two Wheels – so far the weather looks like it might be agreeable, so after B on B, I’m hoping to get out for a couple hours and just ride. Best way to spend the day after Thanksgiving.
5. Come home and hang with the Fam – no plans for Friday means taking care of stuff around the house. Maybe a movie, and cleaning the garage.
Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your day after!