My legs have been feeling very heavy these days. I mean, they *are* heavy for sure…they make up a good part of the mass that I’m rolling around with, but lately, they feel especially heavy. On my ride with Tyler on Monday, I could not get anything working right, and was just a slug. Today the sun is shining and beautiful, but as I’m kicking around here during work, my legs just feel heavy. Like I could chop-them-off-and-put-them-on-the-back-of-an-Xtracycle-as-cargo kind of heavy. I’m not sure what’s up….A couple things I think I can safely attribute to my current state of heavy leggedness…
- I’ve been a bit under the weather – I started feeling wonky around Friday last week, and it turned into a cold by end of the weekend. Still not feeling too hot, so I’ve got that going on.
- I haven’t been sleeping as much as an old man really needs. Been getting to bed around 1, and up again by 6. I think I may be getting to the point where I need more than 5 hours of sleep.
- My riding has been sporadic. In the past 25-30 days, I really have only been out probably 4 times. Most of those for off roading at the KRP, and next to nothing in longer miles.
- I have zero fitness training right now.
- I have zero strength training right now.
- I have zero nutritional plans right now. I’ve been eating better in my efforts to cut weight, but no real plan for anything other than just ‘cutting back’ in general.
Hmmm, all of a sudden maybe it’s not so much a surprise that I’m dragging. Yeah, forget I really said anything.