May 25, 2009
I’ve thought about this a couple times before, but tonight as I was unloading from our holiday weekend trip, I finally put these two bikes together to show how I ended up with accidental twinsies. When I first purchased the WTP bmx bike, this was the one the that most appealed to me…and I walked in and walked out with it off the shelf. Hop forward half a year, and I stumble upon this second hand Ira Ryan frameset, and without even realizing, I had made a color combo match.
Yeah, I’m just realizing what a geek I am for even taking the time to post this.
January 16, 2009
Last week my son and I popped into the covered, semi-indoor BMX track at the Oregon State Fairgrounds. We registered ourselves to be all legalized next time we head down there to ride. Today my official card showed up, and I had to take a snapshot. Here I was thinking the road and cyclocross crowd had their stuff in order, but these guys are the first to issue me a hard card of some sort. And I thought BMXers were the rebels….fancy.
January 9, 2009
Wow, the sun is peeking through, and it’s not snowing, hailing, raining, sleeting, freezing rain, freezing fog, black ice, or any other kind of arctic blast to mess with! Aside from some possible showers Saturday or Sunday, we’re looking at a string of really nice days. I’m gettin’ out!
Some good things to read if you haven’t already caught them:
- Heidi paints the perfect picture of how exactly much life the wind can suck right out of you.
- Bicycle Design has finally posted the finalists in the Commuter BIke Design Contest. Some comments over there about how a couple aren’t that ground-breaking, but honestly, if the contest was about getting more people commuting, I’m not sure designing bikes to look like eyelash curlers is the ticket.
- Since I may not live to blog again after picking up a WeThePeople BMX bike to kick around with my 11-year old son, here’s a cool video of Lilian Conry on his WTP.
- Cyclelicious posted a link to a destroyed Cinelli that flew off it’s rack. Ugh.
- And since I can hardly believe it myself, look at 8 of those next 10 days.
Have a great weekend everyone!
January 8, 2009
It’s in the back, and on it’s way home (after work anyway) so hopefully my next report isn’t from a hospital bed. Previously thought about in this post.
January 5, 2009
I grew up riding BMX bikes in the neighborhood, the same as every other kid on the block. I delivered papers on my Mongoose, envied my friends Redline, and even was part of the 8 kid chain that laid on the ground to let the one ‘semi-pro’ rider in town prove how many junior high kids he could jump over. Yeah, pretty stupid, but that’s junior high right. I haven’t owned a BMX bike of any sort for over 25 years…but here I am, turning 40 in just a couple months, seriously contemplating one again. Why? Good question…I’m asking myself the same thing…..